The Yamaha Steve Gadd Limited Edition steel snare drum is a special release to commemorate Yamaha’s 40-year relationship with one of the most legendary drummers in popular music. Yamaha will only be selling 200 of this classic 14x5.5” steel snare in the U.S., offering a rare chance to own the sleek look and bold attack deserving of the Gadd name. Each drum sports a custom signature badge and comes with a card certifying its authenticity.
For decades, Steve Gadd has outlasted the fads and gimmicks of popular music, remaining a consistently in-demand drummer for every genre under the sun. Just like the man himself, this snare drum takes every detail into account to craft the perfect sound for any situation. The steel shell delivers volume and sustain. The 3.0 mm aluminum die-cast hoops eliminate unwanted overtones while delivering focused, tight attack. The 10-strand snare strainer and deep 3.5 mm snare bed are Steve’s preferred combination for a crisper staccato tone that lessens snare buzz caused by sympathetic vibrations from the toms. And for a timeless look, everything is finished in black nickel—the shell, one-piece lugs, hoops and even the drum key.
Comes fitted with a Remo Powerstroke P3 Coated batter head.
- Signature steel snare drum honoring legendary Yamaha drummer Steve Gadd
- Steel shell with 3.0 mm aluminum die-cast hoops to control overtones
- Gadd-style 10-count snare wire and deep bed for staccato sound
- One-piece lugs prevent rattling and give sleek, elegant look
- Shell, lugs, hoops and drum key finished with black nickel
- Signature badge and certification card
- One of only 200 to be sold in the United States
- Fitted with Remo Powerstroke P3 Coated head