The Drum shop is based in beautiful downtown Portland, Maine. Our shop has a showroom with over 150 drum sets in stock at all times and a new/vintage warehouse full of gear. We cater to drummers of all kinds, from beginners to pros. We offer lessons to all levels. We take trade ins and consignments and always give the best prices possible.
Our customer service and competitive pricing is something that we pride ourselves on. We are all drummers and know how to speak drum! When it comes to repairs, pricing, and product knowledge we will be right there with answers and solutions. Feel free to call us with any questions you may have.
Shipping & Return Policies
To help us to provide the best and most consistent service to all our customers, we ask that you please review the following policies to understand how they pertain to your order. If you have any questions, feel free call us at 207-874-6630
- Free Shipping offers are only applicable to shipments within the continental United States. If you reside in Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico, please call us at 207-874-6630 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for information on additional shipping charges.
- We ship the vast majority of our domestic orders via UPS Ground. Some shipments - especially those containing small parts, accessories, or apparel - may be sent via USPS depending on the item's size, weight, and destination. Should you require expedited shipping or prefer to use another carrier such as UPS, please contact us to arrange your shipment.
- We ship via UPS Ground on Monday through Friday and via USPS on Monday through Saturday. Most orders placed before 12:00 PM Eastern Time are processed and shipped the same day. In some cases, shipments may take an extra 24 to 48 hours to process. In the event that an ordered item is unavailable (e.g. not in stock, on backorder, out of production, etc), we will notify you immediately to determine what actions are appropriate.
- No Signature Required: If you wish to require a signature upon delivery, this may incur an additional charge. In either case, if a package is returned to us after multiple attempts to deliver, the original shipping costs will not be refunded, whether you paid for them or not.
- Most domestic shipments arrive to their destinations within a specific timeframe as set by the applicable carrier. However, many factors may affect shipping times, and we cannot guarantee exact delivery dates or date ranges - once a package leaves our facility, its progress is out of our control. If for any reason a shipment arrives at its destination later than the originally expected timeframe, no refunds are given for any shipping costs, even if the shipment is sent back/returned to us.
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express from a variety of countries outside the United States. We accept PayPal (in US dollars) from customers with verified accounts and confirmed shipping addresses. In some cases, we can also accept bank / wire transfers. Please note that all credit card orders require additional verification and must be manually processed.
- We use USPS Priority Mail for most international shipments. In the case of larger items (or when there are USPS country restrictions), we ship via FedEx.
- Many governments around the world levy some combination of excise tax, value-added tax (VAT), import duties, and other fees on products sent from the United States. We are not responsible for paying these fees, nor do we have any way of estimating how much these charges may total. We do encourage you to check with local regulations prior to purchasing so you know what responsibilities - if any - you have to your government.
- Most USPS Priority Mail shipments, regardless of the final destination, arrive within 1-3 weeks of shipment. However, in some cases, your order may get "stuck" in Customs for an extended period of time. We are not responsible for any delays caused by Customs processing in your country, and no refunds are given for shipping costs if the shipment arrives later than expected.
- In the event that a package is damaged on arrival or lost, it is the buyer's responsibility to open an investigation with the shipping courier (e.g. USPS, FedEx) within 2 days of receiving a damaged item, or realizing an item has been lost. These investigations can take several weeks to conclude. We are not able to offer any replacements or refunds until the investigation has been completed.
- If your country imposes restrictions regarding shipments and returns the item to us, you are responsible for the return shipping cost to us (if any), as well as the return shipping cost back to you. There are no refunds or cancellations.
- Warranty Information for International Customers: If you need to file a warranty claim for an item you purchased from us, we will be happy to help you through the process, however you will be responsible for paying all shipping charges involved in returning the item to the manufacturer and/or receiving a replacement.
- Before returning an item, please call us at 207-874-6630 or send an email to email@example.com
- We accept returns within 15 days of you receiving a product on all new items.
- We reserve the right to impose additional restocking fees on refunds, or to refuse a refund, for items returned after 15 days for any reason.
- We do NOT accept returns on used, clearance/blowout items, layaways, or special/custom order items, nor when trade-ins are involved in the original sale.
- If you wish to return an item, you MUST meet all of the following criteria:
- You must include ALL original packaging materials, in the condition in which they were received.
- You must include the original invoice / sales receipt and any other paperwork originally included in the package or with the item.
- The item(s) must be unused and free of any signs of use, wear, stick marks, smudges, and/or fingerprints. The item will be subject to a 15% restocking fee if we are unable to sell the item in the condition in which it was sold to you. Items such as sticks or heads are not returnable if they show any use.
We ask that you please supply tracking information when returning your item. You are responsible for the item until we receive the item at the address provided below:
The Drum Shop
965 Forest Ave