- 6mm 6-ply Birch Shell
- Vintage Rounded Batter Bearing Edge
- 45˚ Resonant Bearing Edge
- Matte Black Lacquer Inner & Outer Finish
- Chrome Hardware
- Batter S-Hoop
- Triple-flanged Resonant Hoop
- 10 Phonic-style Lugs
- Dual Glide Snare Strainer System
- 8-Strand Steel "Straight 8" Snare Wires
- Remo Heads
- 3x Dampening Rings Included
- 2x Protean Drum Keys Included
In late 2011, SONOR and Gavin began working on the "Protean” project with the goal to create a snare drum that is as musically versatile as Gavin himself. The name "Protean” comes from Greek mythology meaning "versatile” and “diverse”. Gavin wanted this snare drum to be a daily workhorse instrument that can be quickly altered to suit the musical situation. The Signature Snare is handcrafted in Germany and is offered in two sizes, 14“ x 5.25“ and 12“ x 5“. The Protean drums are made from 6-ply, 6 mm, hand-selected Birch featuring a timeless Silky Black finish which is offset by white underlays between the chrome fittings and the shell.
This listing is for the drum only.
The stands seen in the photos are sold separately.
Condition: This is a brand new drum. This drum was briefly removed from its packaging for a quick photo shoot.